What is SpamCop ?
SpamCop Blocking List (SCBL) is a list of IP addresses that have transmitted SPAM emails and were reported to SpamCop to be blocked and filtered. SCBL also allows users to check if the IP address or the domain name of their email sending server is blacklisted.
How To Use SpamCop? (Features)
- Reported E-mails – SpamCop users can report any e-mail they consider spam. The e-mails are later blocked by the Internet Service Provider.
- Spamtrap Reports – Reports generated by non-existent e-mail addresses are called spam traps.
- Reporting Points – For every SpamCop Blocklist query that is not reported as spam, the email sender gets reputation points.
- Open Proxy – Connections from any network address are accepted by this system. This acts as a blind intermediary to almost any other network addresses.
- Open Relays – It makes use of relays (an SMTP server) that delivers e-mails to another e-mail server.
- Whitelist – A whitelist is responsible for holding the data of all the e-mail servers from which an e-mail might be expected. Upon marking an e-mail server in this list, the respective IP addresses are exempted from blocking or filtering.
- Reporting – The user can report any e-mail they think is spam. SpamCop is an aggressive spam tool that can block hundreds of thousands of e-mails by its SCBL and reputation points system.
- Suspect Spamming – Any e-mail you suspect to be spam can be separated from the rest. These are the e-mails that are sometimes useful and sometimes considered as spam. Once the e-mails are reported as suspect spam, they are separated but can be retrieved later.
- Service – Once the user understands the complex instruction set and spam reporting mechanism, the system is extremely beneficial and one of a kind when it comes to spam reporting.
- Report Mistakes – Not having an automated reporting system, SpamCop relies totally on what e-mails the users report as spam. Being humans, users make mistakes and report non-spam e-mails as well.
- Not User-Friendly – The system is complex. Many users state that they experience difficulty understanding complex instructions. To carry out basic functions, the user needs a deep understanding of the system.
- Customer Care – It’s reported to have poor customer care. Any complaint registered by the user is not catered and in most of the cases, the complaint is left unintended.
How Does SpamCop Work? (Conclusion)
SpamCop is one of a kind spam reporting system which is effective at helping web hosts and e-mail providers track accounts that are being abused and block them before the spammer finishes his/her operation. Third-party platforms, who are fighting spam, gain information from SpamCop which amplifies their service. If you’re looking for a tool to fight against spam and you can handle complex instructions, SpamCop should be on your list.
How Much It Costs? (Pricing)
This tool is free to use by anyone.Try It Now!
Best Paid & Free Alternatives (Similar Tools)
Help your team get a lot more done each day. Say goodbye to wasted time!
Recommended by SEMPlaza as the Best Employee Time-Tracking Tool in 2023.
Behind SEMPlaza is a team of SEM specialists working hard to put together one of the best internet marketing tools directory. Additionally they offer free search engine marketing tips and strategies in all digital marketing fields: SEO, PPC advertising, social media marketing, email & push marketing, retail & affiliate marketing.